John Scottus Pre-school
Do you love playing in nature?
Why not join our team?
We are looking for an Aim Worker (3 hours daily), level 5 Child Care required.
Please email email@example.com with your CV or any questions you may have.
|Title||AIM Support Assistants|
|Locations||Bray and Kilruddery, Co.Wicklow|
|Working hours||15 hours per week – 9am – 12pm Monday – Friday (Please note that this is a term-time role for 38 weeks of the year.|
|Employment type||Part-time permanent|
|Remuneration offered||€€11.50 per hour|
|Park Academy are currently seeking two experienced AIM Support Assistants to join our teams in Bray and Kilruddery, Co.Wicklow. The role is based on the Access and Inclusion Model (AIM). It benefits children who may be struggling in the preschool model. AIM is a strength-based model and not an SNA model, however some children will require one to one care. Ideally, the child should not become dependent on their career and promoting the child’s independence is essential.|
|The Role||This role is specifically tailored to meet the needs and requirements of the child in question and will vary and adjust to these needs on an ongoing basis. The role is a support role, providing guidance, support and assistance to the child in question or to the room when and as needed.
Duties are subject to weekly review and refinement with the child’s Key Worker, Parents, and the Manager to ensure that the child remains supported in the most effective manner. Duties may include the list below however this will depend on the educational plan and guidance from Manager. It may be a case that you act as an overall EYE within the classroom and only occasionally getting involved with the AIM child.
· Supervision of the child at all times where required
· Weekly feedback and planning meetings with child’s key worker
· Monthly feedback meetings with parents of child, or more frequently if requested or required
· Support given to increase child’s access and inclusion into daily activities, routines and group play
· Support to help the child in daily self-care (e.g. changing, toileting, eating, cleaning face and hands)
· Additional support in all forms of child’s development where required, in partnership with team members
· Support to encourage positive peer interactions and to foster positive social and emotional development in the child
· Planning, preparation and implementation of activities tailored to the specific child’s needs, to help engage and encourage positive peer interactions, in collaboration with team members
· Participation in all creche activities where appropriate (e.g. participation in group games/activities to support child’s inclusion; assistance with conflict resolution involving child etc.
|Qualifications and Requirements||· All applicants must have minimum QQI / FETAC Level 5 in Childcare or Early Years Education
· First Aid trained (Desirable)
· Children First Certificate (Desirable)
· HACCP Level 1 and 2 Certificate (Desirable)
· We are eager to find a candidate with a genuine passion towards Early Years. The perfect candidate would be hardworking, ambitious, creative and a real team player
· Additional experience and qualifications are highly desirable. Garda Vetting (and International police clearance if having lived outside of Ireland for more than 6 months) will also be required.
The Park Academy benefits include
|· Internal Training
· Uniform Subsidy
· Team of quarter award
· Employee of month award
· Regular performance reviews
· Members of “Great place to work”
· Free Parking (location dependent)
· Employee Assistance programme
· Educational Assistance programme
· 21 days paid annual leave per year
· Access to discounted health insurance
· Regular social nights out/Summer Barbecue
· Employee referral Bonus €350 for person referring candidate and €150 for person referred
For further information on current vaccancies, please feel free to contact Chloe at firstname.lastname@example.org for immediate consideration.
Internal Recruitment Administrator
The Park Business Centre
Phone 01 2851237
We are looking for an enthusiastic Early Years Practitioner to join our team at
Hollywood Preschool, Hollywood Co Wicklow.
Please send your C.V. to email@example.com
(Would consider applicants who have almost completed level 6)