Parent & Toddler Group Initiative Grants 2016
WCCC’s Parent and Toddler Group Initiative Grants Scheme is now closed for applications.
Guidelines for Parent & Toddler Groups
Information on grants available:
Applications for funding under this scheme should only be made by Parent & Toddler Groups that are organised on a not for profit basis and involve the participation of parents in the community. Grants will normally range from €100 to €1,000. Existing groups can apply for a maximum grant of €800. New start up groups may apply for a maximum grant of up €1000.
Funding will be available for:
- Toys, equipment and books
- Training for parents, e.g. paediatric first aid, committee skills, parenting courses
- Children’s activities, e.g. arts and crafts, music
- Limited funding will be available towards insurance, rent or minor refurbishment, up to a maximum of 30% of total funding.
Funding will not be available for:
- Groups operating out of private homes
- One off events such as outings, parties and trips
- Groups with a closing balance of €3,000 or more in the previous year
- Groups who received funding in previous years and did not return the Progress Report and receipts for items purchased
- Groups who do not submit evidence of appropriate insurance when making their application
- P & T Groups should have a Bank Account/Credit Union Account. The money taken at each session, any grants received by the group or money received from fundraising should be paid into the account. It is recommended that spending on the group’s behalf should be paid for by cheque/draft. All transactions involving the group’s money should be recorded and all receipts kept
- Applications from P & T Groups will only be accepted from groups known to WCCC, new groups should make arrangements to speak with WCCC staff representative prior to application deadline
- P & T Groups must submit evidence of appropriate insurance (not applicable to new groups).
- New groups will have to submit evidence of insurance within the first month of receiving the grant
How to apply:
- Please detach and fill in the attached application form, using clear block writing
- Please ensure that all sections are completed (Application form, Annual Income & Expenditure Account)
- Simple financial records are important for groups in receipt of grants as they offer protection for all involved However, newly formed groups do not need to provide a financial record until they are in existence for one year
- Please ensure the application is signed by 2 committee members
- Applicants are required to submit up to date bank statement/credit union statement (no older than 2 months) with their application form.
- Forward Evidence of insurance with application
- Forward Evidence of receipts for items purchased with last grant, along with progress report
- Grant Applications will not be recommended if: They do not include adequate information, i.e. all sections of the application form must be completed
Post Approval Information:
- Successful applicants are required to submit receipts as evidence of expenditure
- If a P & T Group wishes to change their approved expenditure, they must apply in writing to WCCC prior to purchasing new item. WCCCs decision will be confirmed in writing
- Successful applicants may receive a support visit from the local CCC
- Application forms to be returned by 5pm Friday 30th September
This form may be photocopied, if required. Send it to:
Jane McNulty (Finance Officer)
Wicklow County Childcare Committee,
Kilmantin Hill, Wicklow Town
Phone: 0404 64455