Applications for funding under this scheme should only be made by Parent & Toddler Groups that are organised on a not for profit basis and involve the participation of parents in the community. Grants will normally range from €100 to €1,000. Existing groups can apply for a maximum grant of €800. New start up groups may apply for a maximum grant of €1000.
Funding will be available for:
• Toys, equipment and books
• Training for parents, e.g. paediatric first aid, committee skills, parenting courses
• Children’s activities, e.g. arts and crafts, music
• Limited funding will be available towards insurance, rent or minor refurbishment, up to a maximum of 30% of total funding.
Funding will not be available for:
• Groups operating out of private homes
• One off events such as outings, parties and trips
• Groups with a closing balance of €3,000 or more in the previous year
• Groups who received funding in previous years and did not return the Progress Report and receipts for items purchased
• Groups who do not submit evidence of appropriate insurance when making their application
• P & T Groups should have a Bank Account/Credit Union Account. The money taken at each session, any grants received by the group or money received from fundraising should be paid into the account. It is recommended that spending on the group’s behalf should be paid for by cheque/draft. All transactions involving the group’s money should be recorded and all receipts kept.
• Applications from P & T Groups will only be accepted from groups known to Wicklow CCC, new groups should make arrangements to meet a CCC staff representative prior to application deadline.
To download the application Form and Terms & Conditions, please click on the link below.