National Child Injury Prevention Event: Diary Notification
October 24, 2013 by
Wicklow County Childcare in
‘Preventing injury to children and young people –can we do better’?
A national event sponsored and supported by the DoH, DCYA, and HSE will be held on:
- Monday, 13th January, 2014
- Bedford Suite, Dublin Castle
- 10 am – 4 pm
- Light lunch
- Free event
- 80 places
Target audience: Those with an interest in and/or responsibility for unintentional injury at research, policy or practice level for children and young people.
Aim: To create a national policy focusing on the issue of unintentional injury to children/young people.
- Provide information on current unintentional injury/prevention in Ireland
- Locate this in international experience
- Present positive national policy case example
- Discuss research, policy and practice
- Generate a network for ongoing child injury prevention policy agenda
Speakers will include:
- Morag Mackay
- Joanne Vincenten, European Child Safety Alliance
- Professor Ronan Lyons, Swansea University
- Professor Alf Nicholson, Temple Street Children’s Hospital, Dublin
Further details about this event to follow soon.